CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstract Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017
The 2018 IRCC Advisory is accepting abstracts for original research, innovative technology, exploration of professional concepts, or instructive issues of importance to the roof coatings industry.
Possible presentation topics include global market developments and economic data, sustainability and green building practices, energy cost savings evaluations, roof coatings formulation advancements, roof systems analysis, accelerated aging, plus input from end users on product application techniques and trends for roof coatings. Presentations must be informational in nature and cannot be branded product pitches, self serving to your company or sales based.
Audience: Manufacturers, Building Science Professionals, Building Owners and Facility Managers, Roofing Contractors, Architects, Roof Consultants, Researchers, Regulators, and Sustainable Building Experts from around the world
Sessions: Approximately 15 presentations in 30-45 minute blocks
The submission period is August 1- October 31, 2017.
Final acceptance will be based on (but not limited to) the paper's ability to meet submission standards, overall program specification, and industry need.
Presentations must be informative or educational in nature and will satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- Provide attendees with a new skill, technology or process that can be implemented in the workplace.
- Provide innovative and cutting-edge information benefiting the roofing, building materials, and construction industries.
- Develop better understanding of existing industry processes, best practices, and techniques.
Presentations must be informational in nature and cannot be branded product pitches, self serving to your company or sales based. Presentations that require the use of a specific company product will not be accepted.
- International products, global market trends, regulations, and standards development relevant to the roof coatings industry.
- Energy efficiency, product sustainability, green building practices, durability, state and federal energy code programs
- Field data on actual energy cost savings and methods for measuring energy savings when using reflective coatings
- New or existing technology regarding roof coating formulations, including details and ingredients to better understand why certain components are added
- Evaluation of bituminous and reflective roof coatings performance and properties on aged in-service roofs as well as the impact of various roof coatings on under deck temperatures
- Input from end users on new or existing product application techniques, technologies, and trends for coatings over different surface types
- Product and industry trends, roof systems design theory and analysis, selection criteria of roof coatings for different situations, including case studies
- Economic data related to the roofing market and trends
- Advancements in liquid membrane technologies, including urethanes, polyureas, and PMMA
- Advances in developing standards for accelerated aging of cool roofing materials
- Solvent reduction technology
10/31: Abstract Submission Deadline
01/08: Presenters Notified
02/19: Registration Opens
06/04: Draft Presenter Materials Due
06/29: Final Presenter Materials Due
Mon, July 23 - Thurs, July 26
The IRCC will use Survey Monkey to collect abstracts online. In the abstract form, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Contact Information*
- Mailing Address*
- C/V or Bio (can be pasted or uploaded)
- Session Information*
- Learning Objectives
- 3-4 sentence description